It’s officially Fall! This is one of the reasons why I wanted to move to the East Coast. The only bummer is that it goes by so fast! Here’s a list of some of the fun things we like to do as a family before all the leaves are gone, and winter keeps us indoors, making us wish we were back in California.
1. Country road drives: First we stop at Wawa for snacks, then we just drive around looking out the window at the beautiful fall colors.
2. Family walks: We love the crisp autumn air and being outside. (We just don’t like our daughter begging to be carried every 2 minutes.) There’s this place about 45 minutes from us called Duke Farms. It’s a beautiful nature preserve, and it’s free!
3. Pumpkin pickin’ and Hayrides: Every year we go to this place called Locust Hall Farm. They have fun activities for kids, and there’s a hayride that takes you to the pumpkin patch. We pick out our pumpkins, little gourds and Indian corn. The kids love it!
4. Sleepy Hollow NY: It’s become a family tradition. Every year in October, we spend a weekend there searching for the headless horseman! It’s such a beautiful little town, with lots to do from a guided cemetery tour by lantern, haunted house tours, and our favorite, The Great Jack O’lantern Blaze. We’ll be posting about this trip soon!
5. Apple picking: Another family tradition, where we pick waaayyy to many apples! We always go to this place near our home called Strawberry Hill Farm. The owners are always so nice and they have so many apples! I end up making apple pies and other pastries with all the apples. So yummy!
6. Obv. pumpkin carving: Every year we try to get all fancy with the carving. Never comes out the way we want. Lol!
7. Family get-togethers: Well it is also football season and the Arroyos are huge football fans with the fantasy football and all that ish. But seriously we sometimes meet up at a family members house, enjoy great food, and just have fun! We’re one big loving, crazy, loud family!
We’ll probably try a few new things this fall, but our most favorite part is making these memories together! Oh and I almost forgot, Fall also means Jaxson’s, Carson’s and mommy’s Birthdays!! Woohoo!!!